Thursday, April 26, 2012

Interview 5: Helping 2013

 I interviewed Isaiah Chavez on 4/24 at lunchtime (1pm).

1. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
A1: I want to do public service and recreation, because I like working with people my age and helping them out with things like sports.
Feedback: I asked whether he had a good location to gain first-hand experience, for service learning. He did have a few community centers near them where he could volunteer.

2.What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting?
A2: I'm just gonna go to the community center and ask the people I know already what they need help with.
Feedback: I did tell him the specifics of what qualifies an expert, and he did say that his expert had been working there a while.

3. What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?
A3: I want everything to be clear, so I can understand what they did. Also that the 2 hour presentations aren't boring.
Feedback: I explained what the EQ is, and how it drives the senior project. Answers developed throughout the whole year should be evident in the presentations.

4. What questions do they have about senior project?  What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project?
A4: I'm not really too sure, I guess how the senior year progresses?
Feedback: I did explain how senior project comes together: the main part of senior project developed by you ties in with a component made by each house teacher throughout the year. You then have to link everything together to your topic.






No comments:

Post a Comment