Monday, April 16, 2012

Answer # 3

For this answer, I was still focusing on what makes a good teacher.

My 3rd answer would be to tailor your approach to suit every individual student, since no single student is the same, and working with them individually will let them get the most out of your lessons.

I began to piece this together from a website that had various teaching methods on it, musiced.about.com. It also said that a teacher should use methods that best suit the current student's needs, to never focus on one method and even develop your own separate method on your own later on.
When I asked my service learning instructor how to make an efficient lesson, he told me that one of the things he did was ask the student what general direction they wanted to head in, in doing so, it kept his students constantly willing to learn new things. This was always different for each student he had.
My 4th interview also said something similar. I asked him whether he individualized a lesson for each student, and he said he had a general introduction when first starting lessons. Then, he gradually moved into what the student was interested in, and began applying what they learned to what the student wanted to do.




Sources:
1. musiced.about.com
2. Cruz Vargas
3. Jason Chavez (Interview 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment