Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

For my independent study, I plan on either attending a music class to see how classes are taught, or teach/tutor someone else on my own.

My plan should meet the 30 hours requirement easily, especially if I attend a class. I can go to a lecture weekly and ask the teacher to log my hours. It's a similar situation if I tutor, every time I meet with my student, I will record the amount of time and progress we have made.

It relates to my EQ in that the best way to learn about something is to teach it yourself. If I want to find the most important thing in teaching music, I feel like I need first hand experience. If not, the next best thing would be to attend a class and observe how an actual teacher runs their class.

No comments:

Post a Comment