Friday, September 30, 2011

Interview 1 & Presentation 1

1. My first interview changed my topic from musical composition to music teaching. I really enjoyed what my interviewee said about why he became a teacher, to be able to teach others the same subject he loves is great. I've always been fond of the idea of teaching others music, because I believe that everyone should have basic knowledge of musical theory. This interview cemented that idea as my new topic, so I can broaden my studies about music. It gave my presentation new things to talk about alongside composition, such as performance, theory or previous experiences with music teachers.
2. What stood out I think was that I was one of the few people who changed their topic because of their interview. I'd say the fact that I'm currently very comfortable with my new topic added some fresh enthusiasm to my presentation.
3. I think the most challenging thing to do in my presentation was the organization of my info, as well as remembering to apply it to your audience. It's easy to know and present a topic that you are very passionate about, however to be able to effectively get your point across while maintaining a sense of direction during the presentation is very hard. Especially when trying to cover every point of the LIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment